The dangers of hiring non-professional clerks
Relocating an office, regardless of size, is expensive and requires a significant amount of upfront planning. As important as properly packing your equipment, furniture, records, and other items is just as important as hiring a reputable Senior Moving Services company to move everything safely to its new location. Choosing the wrong moving company risks liability risks, lost and stolen information, and even the risk of business closure.
mini storage trend
Mini storage services are a growing trend in office movers. These companies claim to store office supplies in compact storage facilities and will save business owners the costs associated with traditional moving and storage. But companies need to be careful. Mini storage companies do not have the same insurance protection as professional moving directors. Also, mini-storage services can auction off your company’s items if you don’t pay your bills on time, and it’s legal to do so.
Needless to say, moving small warehouse offices are some of the more unprofessional services. Because they are not subject to the same codes as existing movers or storage facilities, organizations risk thousands of dollars and open the door to future litigation. Most mini storage services present warning signs that they are not reliable office movers, including:
- Use of rented trucks rather than company-owned vehicles.
- Not registered with the Better Business Bureau
- Conducting business using cell phones rather than landlines.
- P.O. Boxes with non-physical addresses
- Received bad customer reviews or ratings online
Small warehouse companies are notorious for opening up stores and then opening up unexpectedly. Even after litigation, it has been known to pop up under a different name and business license. They use very low prices to attract customers. This should be a clear warning sign for businesses looking to hire an office director.
Choose a reputable moving company
There are office directors who value customers and reputation. They don’t set low bids and prices just to attract business. Instead, they focus on their reputation for providing exemplary srvice to attract new customers.
When looking for a reliable moving company, look for companies that:
- Offer competitive and reasonable bidding. Quotes must have items with specific cost details.
- Come to your business, inspect your office and provide an accurate quote based on what you see. Do not hire a moving company that will give you a quote over the phone based on your square footage.
- Conduct background checks on all employees, including temporary and part-time employees. You may be surprised to learn that many companies do not do background checks and later find out that they hired convicted criminals.
- Get insurance, licenses and warranties.
- Registered with the Better Business Bureau and receive positive feedback and reviews online.
- Use branded company vehicles and storage facilities.
- You must have a landline, physical address, and references from past clients.